Lack of serotonin in the brain may provoke such feelings as sadness, apathy, fatigue and even depression coupled with other signs of brain stress.
Certain medicines may be used to boost the serotonin levels, but not all people know that it can also be increased using a few all-natural methods.
Serotonin tends to drop due to the lack of sunlight or other reasons.
But how to increase it without consuming drugs?
Try one of these ways:
- Do physical exercises regularly;
- Just because serotonin is cultivated in your guts, it is necessary to use high-quality probiotics and eat healthy foods;
- Food products that contain a lot of carbohydrates can increase the amount of tryptophan which is then converted into serotonin.
These include potatoes, pasta, popcorn, bread, and other similar meals;
- Use foods that contain a lot of L-tryptophan, including chicken, cheese, eggs, green vegetables, and salmon among others.
- Positive thinking is also necessary because it will help you avoid moodiness and always look at the bright side when facing life troubles;
- Certain vitamins, as well as nutrients, may also help to increase serotonin levels;
- Light therapy is also an effective way to get better sleep and improve your productivity because exposure to sunlight considerably increases serotonin levels.
Using these easy ways helps to deal with seasonal depression and improve your mood by raising the amount of serotonin in the body.